Sunday, August 10, 2014

My First Upakarma

Today I did my first Upakarma.  Beatiful ceremony with so much grace.  We did a homa puja and all repeated specific mantras, parts from the Sandhya Pooja.  I took my old sacred threads to the river bordering campus, about a 2 km walk from central campus.  The prana that flowed through during the ceremony was amazing.  I think having all of us doing the pooja together created an amazing energy and experience.  Looking forward to doing my 1,008 mantras tomorrow.

Here's a picture from the foot journey walk on our 180 acre campus to the river.  Beautiful cows and birds along the way...

Here's a view of the river along the edge of campus...an amazing walk.


and finally, here's the place where I dropped off my sacred threads to celebrate a year gone by...until next year.


Love & Jai Guru Dev

No comments:

Post a Comment