Saturday, August 23, 2014

Letter to Gurudev & Gratitude Letter on Guru Poornima 2014

Dear Gurudev,

I am so grateful & lucky to be on this path with you as my master, my love, my everything.

I am grateful for the opportunities to teach and volunteer.  I am grateful for Satsang and the time I had with you in India this and last year.

After returning from India in March, I  became overcome with desire & lust.  As a Brahmacharya, I could not resist the thoughts of sex with women.  I realized that becoming a Brahmacharya now was not a happening, but rather a struggle.  Within a month of returning, I ended up letting my energy go.  I decided that I needed a woman / girlfriend.  I shaved my beard & started dating someone within a week.

I am not in love with this woman & would simply prefer to be completely free of this desire, but the only time I feel completely free of desire is when I am with you in the Bangalore Ashram.  

I want to be close to you and be of service in India.  I recently became an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and want to be at the Bangalore Ashram with you.

I am willing to do seva at the ashram  / if you prefer, settle in Bangalore & work in the city.  I would be glad to do whatever you say & value your direction more than anything in this life.

I completely surrender to you and realize that I love you more than anything in this world.

Gurudev, I hope to be physically close to you, but will listen to whatever direction you give me.

I feel so lucky to be on this path and wish for others to realize your grace.

Please give me direction so that I can be liberated from these small minded cravings & aversions.  

Gurudev, more than anything, I wish for my body to be your humble abode.  I wish for you to use me be.

I have completed basic Hindi and am now about to start intermediate conversational Hindi.  

May this sense of I give and give and give & realize love blossoming in this field of consciousness.

Love & Jai Guru Dev,

Ritesh Sheth
Austin, TX
April 4th 2014

Guru Poornima Day 07-12-14

Dear Gurudev,

I am so grateful for this past year of growth & love blossoming.  I am so happy to have given Marma treatments, teach the Happiness Program three & 1/4 times & teach Sri Sri Yoga.  I am so grateful to have spent three months with you in India over the past year.  I am also so grateful for getting accepted into the Vedic Wisdom course & Sri Sri Yoga TTC.  I can't believe I've not only been accepted into Sri Sri University, but also have your blessings to move to India.

I feel like in the past year my vasanas have reduced & my happiness has increased.  I still have times of negative thoughts & emotions, but surrender them to pitta imbalance / surrender them to the river of consciousness.  

I also feel like in the past year I completely surrendered to you.  I am finally ready to take whatever direction you give me.  I am completely at your service.

I surrender any thoughts of lust, anger, greed &/ violence to you completely.  I have no idea why any thoughts of negativity arise, but know you'll steer me in the right direction.

Please know that I love you more than anything in this world & have complete faith that you'll take care of me.  I feel spoiled by you & believe I am on the royal path, a Raja Yogi.

In so much gratitude & love,

Ritesh


No comments:

Post a Comment