Wednesday, September 23, 2020

At a Crossroads

 I'm wondering what to do next.  I have to leave where I am and I am unsure of what to do next.

I have a few options:

1) Move to Austin

If I moved to Austin, I would end up renting a 1/1 or remodeling Balaji and Radhika's place.  I would continue to teach yoga online and simply workout every day.  I would go for a 5 to 10 mile walk / day and workout in my apartment.  I would end up buying a bed and a couch.  I may get this from my sister's house.  I would likely simply teach yoga a few times / more / week.  I may get into real estate and broker a few deals here and there until I feel comfortable going back into yoga studios.  I still feel restricted about dating and not sure I would, but would like to meet Rebecca and Daljinder in Austin among other friends.  Would be nice to meet Paresh and Melody too.  I could help Doug as well and meet Rachel.  I am honestly, still uncomfortable meeting people face to face, so would likely spend a LOT of time alone.  I may get back into Turo and maybe manage a few of the Lexus hybrids.  This would last for another 9 months.

2) Head to India

My second option is to move to Rishikesh and live with Shivani at Aloha on the Ganges.  If she ends up dating that psychiatrist, then I would likely find a 1/1 or 2/2 in the same building.  I would eventually shift to the AOL / Parmarth Niketan Ashram and do full-time seva there.  I would likely feel isolated there too as the pandemic is still growing in India.  I would feel uncomfortable with the journey and may easily risk getting sick through air travel, airports, taxi service, and eventually reaching India.  I would likely feel very lonely and isolated there as I would only know some ashramites and Shivani.


3)  Seva Study Program in CA.

The third option is to head to the Yoga Farm in Northen California.  I would quarantine for 14 days and then get more involved in day-to-day full-time seva duties.  I would likely build relationships with the other ashramites and work hard.  I would love to be there and help and would feel a deeper sense of purpose vs. living in Austin.  I would build relationships and feel like I'm living my purpose, or dharma.  I would stay busy and also get to know and live in California.  I would likely work and do seva and do some sadhana as well.  I would get permission to do Sudarshan Kriya on a daily basis and meditate with the group when possible.  I would feel like I have people around me and feel comforted by the sangha.  My only fear is that this option may lead to severe pain in the body.  I would have the comfort of sangha, which may help me through any difficulties there.  I would likely benefit from being with others a lot.  I would not feel isolated or alone.  I feel that this is likely my best option.  If the opportunity presents itself, I could shift to the Boone Ashram / Bangalore Ashram / Virginia Ashram in the spring.  I would also have more ashram experience and time under my belt improving my chances of getting full-time seva somewhere else.  


No comments:

Post a Comment