Thursday, October 6, 2016

In a tornado of negative thoughts and emotions

I remember back in 2000 or 2001 when I lived off of S. Shepherd near Rice University in Houston.  I remember taking time off to simply do nothing...a "staycation" before the name even came up...I wouldn't even drive my car.  I simply biked around the area for a couple of days and felt better.  I feel like I have returned to this place of deep negativity and regret that I have ended up in a space of no sadhana.  I miss the days of longing for my beloved and being happy just thinking about being close to him.  I have since left the thought of my beloved and have decided to pursue a more worldly life.  I am happier to be home in Austin, TX and have started to nest within my nice little house in East Austsin off of Bob Harrison.

I struggle each day with so many negative thoughts and emotions.  I can't describe what flows through my mind, but it's not happiness.  I feel like I've created a whole team of antagonists and this makes me sad.  I live to uplift others around me and love to see others happy.  I feel bad that so many negative thoughts are flowing through my small mind.  Why are these thoughts happening?  Why have I created a chief antagonist that seems to be my "bully" in the spiritual realm.  I feel that he verbally and physiologically abuses me.  I'm not sure why I've created this person in my mind, but I wish to be free of him.  I wish to be free of the path for some time.  I'm about to cancel my trip to see Gurudev in December and I feel bad for doing it.  I purposefully did not go to Navratri for the same reason.  I just need a break and there's too much "processing" that's happening right now.  This doesn't seem to be the way.

I hope to become free of this and reinsert myself in to the "matrix" of worldly life for some time.  I feel that it's important to find happiness in this wordly life before embarking on finding happiness in the Purusha.

I hope to one day meet my beloved again.  Until then, I hope to date an amazing woman that I've met recently in Austin and simply be happy.  I would love to be in romantic love.  I know it will happen.

I hope for everyone to be happy.  I hope for morale to be higher in this world.  I hope for the best...as my Gurudev says, "only the best will happen..."

Love & Jai Guru Dev,

An Aspiring Yogi

No comments:

Post a Comment