Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Gut Feeling

So I've been overcome with desire and feel that this desire is not for companionship / an emotional connection, but rather, pure lust.  As soon as the feeling leaves the body, no desire for company of the other / their thoughts / emotions is wanted.  How do we alleviate this desire?  I believe this desire is less physiological and more mental.  The mind has so many impressions and holds on to what may be lacking in this material life.  Also, I believe that a space contains impressions.  I also wonder if a lifetime has certain lessons and contains lessons.  How do we overcome this desire?  I am beginning to believe that desire can be overcome in deep Sadhana and service.  The less we think of ourselves, the more we can think of Him and the more we can think about being of service to others.

I also wonder how much of our small minded desire stems from habit.  From the same space day in and day out with the same small mindedness, sometimes I think the mind, body, and spirit need a jolt!  We need to sound the conch as is described by Gurudev in Ch. 1 of the Bhagavad Gita.  So it's time to change the daily habits.  I think by sleeping on the floor & engaging in more Sandhyavandana Pooja, this lust can be alleviated.  I'll follow-up with findings soon.  Love & Jai Guru Dev.

No comments:

Post a Comment