Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A very small sub-nuclear Christmas 2010

So it's Christmas day 2010. I'm surprised that our family is not together today. The Indian culture prides itself so much on connectedness and family, that it surprises me that on this day when we all have off as vacation, we are all alone. My father's knee is in recovery after surgery, so I decided to stay with my folks on Christmas. Surprisingly, we have cousins, my grandmother, and my uncle and aunt here in Clear Lake, yet only my father and mother are with me today. Odd that our family is not more connected. I guess we are foreigners in a Christian country. Would be wonderful if our family did get together today and truly celebrate Christmas together. Instead, we buy a ton of presents for each other, but don't even spend this day together. So here we are on this wonderful day. I

No comments:

Post a Comment