Monday, March 29, 2010

The first full day in Bangalore, India

So today we went to the office and had a relatively slow day. My colleague, a good friend and wonderful woman, ended up with a rash / allergy reaction to the wine she had on her flight over. I think the wine combined with the foreign food and Bangalore weather probably hit her. We'll call her SLH. She and I worked together in Global and she came from a particularly hard place being a minority female and lesbian. She's happily settled with a life partner and two children she is raising. I think that sense of connectedness and balance is wonderful. I feel guilty when I offend her. We had a good discussion today about race relations and sexual orientation in society. The side bar conversation was more interesting than our work on-site!

I am having a little trouble with all of the road dust and noise pollution. Everyone and their dog honks their horn and it is sooo irritating. I ended up changing rooms and getting a much quieter room on the other side of the hotel. The Oberoi Bangalore Hotel is NICE. I love how in Asia, many of the luxury hotels I've staid in have great wood accents and select wood ceilings and marble baths. A very nice touch.

I traded emails with Amy today, which was nice, though the fact that she returned my voice mail with an email tells me that she wants her space for these two weeks. I'll give it to her and simply hope that she comes around by the end of April. At that point, if she's not ready for a stonger emotional connection and affectionate relationship, I guess I will re-evaluate...she may either not be ready / she may not feel comfortable with me. I don't want to lose her. I think the world of her and hope that we're connected emotionally, spiritually, and physically.

In Loving Kindness,

RMS

No comments:

Post a Comment